Being a south Indian we are famous for sambar and rasam, and we are a true fan of that.
Now from few months back when I tried thai curry in thai restaurants I became huge fan of thai curry because that is so flavourfull and very delicious, specially when it’s served with steaming jasmine rice or white rice.
So now whenever I feel no no! to Sambar and rasam I choose this thai curry.
Apart from flavour and delicious this curry is total pack of nutrients and vitamins because we use many vegetables and coconut milk.
Making this curry is very easy when you have all the ingredients. Once the paste is made, can store for atleast two weeks in a fridge with air tight container.
Even you can get thai curry paste in stores but I didn’t feel that much great with ready made paste.
- Cup of basil leaves
- Ginger one inch
- Garlic 5 to 6
- Lemongrass 2 stalks
- Galangal one inch
- Kaffir lime leaf 1 or 2
- Coriander seeds one tsp
- Two cloves
- Peppercorns 4 to 6
- Green chillies 2 to 3
- Pearl onions 2 to 3
- Coriander leaves half cup
- A pinch of salt
- Coriander roots
Ingredients for curry
- Red and green bell pepper
- Abugine (egg plant)
- Broccoli florets 5 to 6
- Mushroom few
- French beans few chopped
- Coconut milk 2cups
- Corn flour 1tsp (optional)
- Palm sugar half tsp
- Tofu cubs 5 to 6
- Coconut oil 2tsp (optional) or olive oil
- Salt to taste
Dry roast the coriander seeds and cloves, then transfer it into mixer grinder and grind it, now in the same mixer jar add pound and chopped lemon grass, ginger, garlic, galangal, green chillies, onion, coriander, basil , Kaffir lime leaves and salt grind into a smooth paste if required add little bit of water. Now the curry paste is ready.
Now in a pan add coconut oil, once heated add 5tsp of curry paste and fry for 1min, now you can feel the fantastic aroma of the curry.
Now add chopped vegetables, salt to taste and fry for 2 to 4min, then add one and half cup of coconut milk, cover and cook for 5min.
For the another half cup of coconut milk add corn flour and mix well then pour it into curry, add palm sugar, cubed tofu and give a nice mix, allow it to boil for 2min not more then that.
Enjoy the hot thai green curry with jasmine rice or white rice.
Note : finding all the ingredients is sometimes difficult so here are the alternative for them .
- If you doesn’t find lemon glass can add two tsp of lemon zest or even you can add dry lemon glass.
- Finding galangal is way difficult so can add ginger instead of that or please skip it.
- For Kaffir lime leaves you can make the combination of lime and lemon zest.
- Instead of tofu you can add paneer(cottage cheese) cubes.
- If you find any Asian stores you can get it everything there, sometimes fresh or frozen.
- If you can’t find palm sugar, can replace with brown sugar or Normal white sugar too.
- You can add any vegetables that you like, can add carrot, celery , peas, baby corn anything.